Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, June 23, 2006

6-23-06 Psalms 5:1, 2

Psalms 5:1,2 (KJ21)
(To the chief musician: Upon Nehiloth. A Psalm of David.)
Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for unto Thee will I pray.

Psalms 5:,2 (NAS)
(For the choir director; for flute accompaniment. A Psalm of David.) Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to Thee do I pray.

Psalms 5:1, 2 (NIVUS)
(For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.)
Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

Psalms 5:1, 2 (NLT)
(For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by the flute.)
O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I will never pray to anyone but you.



The simple lilting sound of a flute, the Nehiloth, can open a wedge against the forces of your enemy. It can wound and break his power over you. Therefore, surround yourself with instrumental music, which will lift you up and keep your foes at bay.

This music will also open a wedge in the atmosphere, so that you can more readily gain an audience with the Most High. He will expand His hearing ear to listen to what you have to say. The Lord Jehovah will diligently attend to your words. He even understands when you muse and ponder. He discerns your murmurings and complaints. If you are mourning and your heart is sore, the Lord your God perceives your feelings and deals wisely with you.

Ask the Lord to prick up His ears at the sound of your voice. Like David, ask Him to hearken and attend to your cry. Even though He is your King and the power to rule over you, He is your God to whom you can pray. When you entreat His help, He also has the power to change things for the better. Therefore, call upon the Almighty; He will intercede for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.