Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

6-14-06 Psalms 3:5

Psalms 3:5 (KJ21)
I laid me down and slept; I awaked, for the LORD sustained me.

Psalms 3:5 (NAS)
I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.

Psalms 3:5 (NIVUS)
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

Psalms 3:5 (NLT)
I lay down and slept. I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me.



Did you know that as a child of the Most High God, you have many advantages over those who do not believe? One of these is that you do not have to worry. In fact, the Lord your God has given you so much peace that you can lie down and sleep in the middle of trying circumstances. You will not just take cat-naps, but will sleep a good long time, so that your strength is restored.

When you awaken and arouse yourself, you may feel as if you were on a summer vacation. You will find that you are rested, relaxed, and able to face the new day with hope, for during the night, Jehovah the Lord supported, sustained, and upheld you. You will be refreshed as you start your day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.