Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

6-17-06 Psalms 4:1

Psalms 4:1 (KJ21)
To the chief musician: On Neginoth. A Psalm of David.
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! Thou hast set me at large when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.


Psalms 4:1 (NAS)
(For the choir director; on stringed instruments. A Psalm of David.) Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! Thou hast relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.

Psalms 4:1 (NIVUS)
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.
Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Psalms 4:1(NLT)
For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.
Answer me when I call, O God who declares me innocent. Take away my distress. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.



The Lord God gave us music and songs to help us build our faith and to strengthen our emotions. He has appointed certain people to oversee the music services during worship. He gives them the goal that the service should travel towards. They will lead you forward into victory.

King David, who was beloved of the Lord, understood the power of music played on instruments. He wrote many poems or psalms that he set to music. He intended these psalms to be played on instruments and accompanied with your voice. There is no greater way to celebrate and lift praises unto Adonai, the Most High God, than through music and song.

Singing your songs unto the Almighty causes Him to give heed and pay attention to your voice. As you sing, shout, and testify, God will respond to your calls. When you invite your heavenly Father into your circumstances, He sees humility and submission. He will answer you, for He has put you in right standing, where you have prosperity, equity, and justice. He takes you from the narrow and tight places, where there is trouble and crowding. Even though your adversary wants you to stumble over a pebble, he will not be able to afflict or confine you. Instead the Lord makes room for you and brings you into a broad, wide and large place.

Jehovah, the Lord, has bent and stooped down to you in kindness. He has bestowed His favor upon you. When you beseech and petition Him, He graciously grants you mercy. He carefully listens to your prayers, supplications, and intercessions. As you sing your hymns to your God, He considers and discerns what is best for you. He will lift you out of your distress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.