Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

2-17-07 Psalms 16:8

Psalms 16:8 (KJ21)
I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Psalms 16:8 (NAS)
I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalms 16:8 (NIVUS)
I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalms 16:8 (NLT)
I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.




When you watch someone walking on a tight rope or high wire at the circus, you will notice that the performer often carries a long pole. This is a very important tool, for it helps the one walking on that very small surface to adjust his weight and to bring him back into balance. The pole helps to keep the performer from falling.

You also need something to equalize and to help you counterbalance the negative forces that come against you. Jehovah the Lord is your balancing pole. He helps you to adjust and compose yourself in all situations. Only by His grace, will you behave in the proper manner. You should avail yourself of His power and strength as often as your need them. Through the Lord's intervention, you will continually learn to stretch, even if it is a sacrifice to do so.

However, no matter what you are facing, Adonai the Most High God will remain right beside you to strengthen and to make you firm. He will increase your dexterity, whether you are right or left-handed. As you trust in God's power and might, you will not waver, slip, or shake. You will never stray from your course, as long as you keep the Lord at your right hand. You will be ready for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.