Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, February 16, 2007

2-16-07 Psalms 16:7

Psalms 16:7 (KJ21)
I will bless the LORD who hath given me counsel; my inner self also instructs me in the night seasons.

Psalms 16:7 (NAS)
I will bless the LORD who has counseled me; Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.

Psalms 16:7 (NIVUS)
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalms 16:7 (NLT)
I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.




You are well aware how Jehovah the Lord God has blessed you, but are you also aware that you should try to bless God? How do you do that? One way is to kneel before Him in adoration. Your praises and expressions of thanks are also ways to bless Adonai, the Lord Most High. Whatever method you choose, it should be abundant and done with your whole heart. You may notice that the greater your praises the greater will be the blessings that you receive back from His hand.

There may be times in your life when you need advice and counsel. Instead of turning to a mere man, you should go to Almighty God first. As you consult with your divine Advocate, you will receive the guidance that you need. He will resolve your problems and give purpose to your steps once more.

At night, your mind may want to twist away from the Light and adversity may try to assault you from every side. Your thoughts may spiral around the same thoughts over and over and you feel you are on a winding stair that has no end. At these times, you should give the reins of your will into the Lord Jehovah's hand. He will instruct and chasten you. As you listen, His teaching will bring correction and reform. When you allow God to work on your behalf, He will complete and accomplish all that He has prepared for you. You have given Him the tools to remove everything wasteful from your life, so that you remain clean. You will not perish, but wholly reap all that God has set aside for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.