Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7-11-06 Psalms 7:3-5

Psalms 7:3-5 (KJ21)
O LORD my God, if I have done this, if there be iniquity on my hands, if I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy), let the enemy persecute my soul and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honor in the dust. (Selah)

Psalms 7:3-5 (NAS)
O LORD my God, if I have done this, If there is injustice in my hands, If I have rewarded evil to my friend, Or have plundered him who without cause was my adversary, Let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it; And let him trample my life down to the ground, And lay my glory in the dust. (Selah.)

Psalms 7:3-5 (NIVUS)
O LORD my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands—if I have done evil to him who is at peace with me or without cause have robbed my foe— then let my enemy pursue and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust. (Selah)

Psalms 7:3-5 (NLT)
O LORD my God, if I have done wrong or am guilty of injustice, if I have betrayed a friend or plundered my enemy without cause, then let my enemies capture me. Let them trample me into the ground. Let my honor be left in the dust. (Interlude)



You sometimes do or say things that bruise and displease others; however, usually your intent is not to do harm. You are no longer morally evil and iniquity should not be found in you. Perverseness, injustice, and unrighteousness are not facets of your nature. You do not desire to sin with your hands.

You only desire to treat people well and to deal bountifully with those in your life. You do not want to afflict or harm anyone, but that all should be safe and at peace. You are friendly and do not cause misery. If you do hurt someone, you seek ways to restore your relationship. You have no desire to arm yourself against a friend and to undeservedly make them into an adversary; you, therefore, keep things open and not cramped in your friendships. Otherwise they are empty and worthless.

If you treat people in a loose manner, you can expect your enemies to persecute you. If you are hateful and hostile, you can expect to be treated with hostility. You will be hunted and pursued by those who want to do you harm. These may be able to take hold of your life and soul. Your oppressors will walk upon you and trample you under their feet. Your honor and glory will remain as dust and ashes. You will have nothing except burdens; your life will be severe and dull. Instead of God's abundant blessings, you will have more than enough grief.

Therefore, pause and think about your words and actions. Do they express value to others? If they do, then you will be blessed of the Lord Jehovah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.