Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

7-8-06 Psalms 6: 6, 8

Psalms 6:6-8 (KJ21)
I am weary with my groaning; all the night I make my bed to swim, I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity, for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.

Psalms 6:6-8 (NAS)
I am weary with my sighing; Every night I make my bed swim, I dissolve my couch with my tears. My eye has wasted away with grief; It has become old because of all my adversaries. For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.

Psalms 6:6-8 (NIVUS)
I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Depart from me, all you who do iniquity, Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.

Psalms 6:6-8 (NLT)
I am worn out from sobbing. Every night tears drench my bed; my pillow is wet from weeping. My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies. Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my crying.



When you go to bed at night, you are supposed to rest, but there may be times when it seems like you are toiling and laboring all night long. You feel like you are constantly climbing up a set of winding stairs and you cannot see the end. You sigh and groan in grief or physical distress. Even though you are stretched out on your bed, you still feel weary. You cry so much that you think you are swimming in your tears and your bed has become liquid.

Your eyes spring with water and begin to waste away in your grief. You are angry and vexed; frustration keeps you from rest. You feel as if you are growing old and weak before your time, for your enemies are pressing hard against you. They treat you with enmity and harass you. Abundance has fled and your possessions have become scant.

You do not need to despair. Jehovah the Lord has heard the sound of your weeping. He always perceives and understands when you shed tears and lament. Whether you cry in grief, humiliation, or bitterness, the Lord your God pays attention. Your voice summons His presence.

You, therefore, can command the wicked, who cause you trouble and sorrow, to depart and leave you alone. You know that the Lord your God is with you and He will fight for you. Your enemies will come to an end and you will rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.