Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, July 10, 2006

7-10-06 Psalms 7:1, 2

Psalms 7:1, 2 (KJ21)
(Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD concerning the words of Cush, the Benjamite.)
O LORD my God, in Thee do I put my trust. Save me from all them that persecute me; and deliver me, lest they tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces while there is none to deliver.

Psalms 7:1, 2 (NAS)
(A Shiggaion of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush, a Benjamite.)
O LORD my God, in Thee I have taken refuge; Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me, Lest he tear my soul like a lion, Dragging me away, while there is none to deliver.

Psalms 7:1, 2 (NIVUS)
(A Shiggaion of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush, a Benjamite.)
O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

Psalms 7:1, 2 (NLT)
(A psalm of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush of the tribe of Benjamin.)
I come to you for protection, O LORD my God. Save me from my persecutors—rescue me! If you don’t, they will maul me like a lion, tearing me to pieces with no one to rescue me.



"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." You have probably heard this old saying and maybe even said it yourself. However, even though it sounds good, it is not true. One of the most effective weapons that the devil uses is words that tear down and demoralize. David, who was God's beloved, understood this. He knew that down-grading words had the ability to cause him to err and go astray; they could mislead him, taking him out of God's will. David also knew that one very effective way to counter the evil threats of the enemy was to sing praises or supplications to the Lord.

When David was being pursued by his enemies, he would always turn to Jehovah, the Lord for help and Adonai, the Most High, was quick to come to the rescue. Like David, you too should learn to seek refuge and flee for protection to the Lord Most High. When you put your trust and confidence in Him, He will restore your hope. He is the only one who can save you from those who persecute you. Though they harass and chase you, the Lord your God will deliver you, snatching you out their grasp. Troubles, death, and sin cannot hold you.

Your foes may want to tear and rend you to pieces. They may look at your soul as food, as a lion looks to its prey. They want to break you and snatch you away, but you need not fear. Jehovah the Lord will strip them of their power and plunder them. They will be spoiled, but you will be saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.