Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, July 03, 2006

7-3-06 Psalms 6:1, 2

Psalms 6:1, 2 (KJ21)
(To the chief musician: On Neginoth, upon the eight. A Psalm of David.)
O LORD, rebuke me not in Thine anger, neither chasten me in Thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are vexed.

Psalms 6:1, 2 (NAS)
(For the choir director; with stringed instruments, upon an eight-stringed lyre.) (A Psalm of David.)
O LORD, do not rebuke me in Thine anger, Nor chasten me in Thy wrath. Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed.

Psalms 6:1, 2 (NIVUS)
(For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to <sheminith.> A psalm of David.)
O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

Psalms 6:1, 2 (NLT)
(For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by an eight-stringed instrument.)
O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my body is in agony.



If you have been called to music, the Lord has created you to excel, to be bright, and pre-eminent. He has given you a song, whether you sing or play an instrument as a minstrel. From one octave to another, you now glorify the Lord God with your rich and robust sound. The Almighty has given you special melodies of praise, for you are His beloved son.

You, however, realize that Jehovah the Lord is also your judge, with the authority to reprove, rebuke, and correct you. You do not want to see His nostrils flare in anger nor do you want Him to convict you for your sin. When the Most High instructs, disciplines and admonishes you, you pray it is neither in rage nor wrath. You do not want to incur His displeasure at all.

You are weak and feeble and need the grace and favor of God; you, therefore, seek and implore Him for His mercy. There are many times when you are exhausted and languishing. Your whole body droops; even you bones seem disturbed and anxious. Then you look to the Lord who restores you in your distress and heals you of all your hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.