Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

7-9-05 Psalms 6:9, 10

Psalms 6:9, 10 (KJ21)
The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer. Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sorely vexed; let them turn back and be put to shame suddenly.

Psalms 6:9, 10 (NAS)
The LORD has heard my supplication, The LORD receives my prayer. All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly dismayed; They shall turn back, they shall suddenly be ashamed.

Psalms 6:9, 10 (NIVUS)
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Psalms 6:9, 10 (NLT)
The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame.



If you ask Jehovah the Lord for favor, He will hear your supplication. He will be gracious to you and show you consideration, for He pays attention to your pleas. He inclines His ears to your prayers and lays siege to what you want. He will take it into His hands and deliver it into yours. When you pray and intercede for others, the Lord will steal back what the enemy has stolen and take them captive.

Your enemies will be put to shame. They will find themselves disconcerted and disappointed. They will become greatly disturbed and alarmed. These who are used to terrifying others will have an abundance of fear and terror comes upon them. Their nerves will give way to anxiety and they will flee in haste before the Lord your God. They will return to the dying from which they came and relinquish their hold on you. You will be free, but they will be brought into bondage. They will be defeated, but you will have victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.