Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

7-6-06 Psalms 6:3 4

Psalms 6:3, 4 (KJ21)
My soul is also sore vexed, but Thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul! O save me for Thy mercies’ sake!

Psalms 6:3, 4 (NAS)
And my soul is greatly dismayed; But Thou, O LORD—how long? Return, O LORD, rescue my soul; Save me because of Thy lovingkindness.

Psalms 6:3, 4 (NIVUS)
My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long? Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Psalms 6:3, 4 (NLT)
I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love.




Are you alarmed and agitated right now? Is your soul--your mind, your will, and your emotions--anxious and dismayed? You may want to make haste to do something, for the noise around you is getting louder and louder. However, if you speedily give in to what you hear, you may find only vexation and trouble. In your fear, you could be making rash decisions and end up being burned as with a brand.

Instead of asking the Lord Jehovah "How long is this going to take?” look to Him for relief. He has already decided to rescue and restore you. He will reverse what needs reversed and He will reward what needs rewarded. He will deliver you again. You, however, should realize that He has already equipped your for the fight and has strengthened your arm.

In His kindness and mercy, the Lord your God will save you and give you victory. He will bring you into a wide and open place, where you will be free to worship and serve the Most High God. It is a place of beauty and favor. Even though you are inferior to the Almighty, as the created is inferior to the Creator, He still treats you as His equal and gives you abundant blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.