Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, October 03, 2005

10-03-05 Psalms 119:114

Psalms 119:114 (KJ21)
Thou art my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Thy word.

Psalms 119:114 (NAS)
Thou art my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Thy word.

Psalms 119:114 (NIVUS)
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Psalms 119:114 (NRSV)
You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.

Psalms 119:114 (NLT)
You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my only source of hope.

The world today seems to be shaking.  There are wars, famines, earthquakes, tsunamis, and hurricanes.  Without warning you could find yourself in the midst of a catastrophe, with nowhere to go and no one to which you can turn.

There is One, however, who will never leave you nor forsake you.  Adonai, the Lord God Almighty, is always present and always available.  If you turn to Him, He will still be your shelter and your protection.  He will hide you in a secret place, covering you with the shadow of His wings.

It may seem as if there are enemies at every turn; then, what do you do?  Trust in God, for He is your shield and buckler.  He will stand before you and will also be your rear-guard.  He is your sure defense and will ward off the blows aimed at you. With His help, you will continue standing while your enemies cave in around you.
Jehovah, your Lord, is the only One who can give you hope.  As you wait on Him, you can expect  good things to happen.  Learn His promises that He gives you in His word. Speak and declare them to yourself, for they will uplift and stabilize you. In times of trouble, God's word will give you strength.
 
        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.