Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

God's Mercies Are New Every Morning!

Did you ever think about God's mercy? How about His grace? I have been told that the mercy of God is not getting what we do deserve, in penalty for our sin. God's grace is getting what we do not deserve, in regards to God blessing our lives. Ephesians 2:8, 9 says that it is by grace that we are saved through faith. That faith is a gift of God, not as a result of our own works, so that we don't have anything to boast about. When it comes to our salvation, we can do nothing. We are sinners and our righteousness is as filthy rags to God. Without Jesus' death and resurrection, we would have no hope, but God through His Son provided the only way for us to be saved. All that we need to do is believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with our mouths that "Jesus is Lord!" and we shall be saved.It is that simple!So what about this grace and mercy? Grace provides for us through Jesus Christ to live a life that is pleasing to God. Grace provides everything we need to live a righteous life. God provides for our salvation initially and daily. We just need to ask God to give us the grace we need for the situations we face. Again God makes it simple. God says His mercies are new every morning. We can have God's grace whenever we need it. It is a constant in the Christian life, but His mercies are new every morning. Why is that? Could it be that daily we all collectively use up His mercies and He has to renew the supply every day? No matter how we grow and mature in our chrstian walk, we still will sin. And we need God's mercy to cover and "delete" those sins. So God in His great love makes a new batch of mercies every morning, so that He never runs out. For that we should be very thankful!!!


Have you ever believed in Jesus Christ? Have you ever confessed that He is Lord of your life? If you have never believed in Jesus and would like to, pray the following prayer--Dear Father, I know that I am a sinner. There is no way that I can save myself. Even if I would try I would fall so far short of You and Your Righteousness. I need Your mercy for my life. I know that You sent Your Son Jesus to die for my sins. I believe that You raised Him from the dead. I know that Jesus is Lord and I want to make Him Lord over my life. So now I give You my life. I ask You to take control of my life and to save me from my sins. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for hearing my prayer. Thank you for Your Son Jesus. Thank you that He gave His life for me to be saved. I believe now that You accept me and have given me grace for my salvation today and for every day of the rest of my life! Amen

If you prayed that prayer today, I would like to know so that I can pray for you. You have made the most important decision that you could ever make. Please email me at nlrupert@sbcglobal.net. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon

It is also important that you start reading your Bible and praying on a daily basis. Start in the New Testament, probably with the Gospel of John. It is also important that you find a good church. Check my Joyce Meyer Ministries and Kenneth Copeland Ministries sites. If you contact either of these, they will be able to help you locate a good church in your area. God bless you abundantly and richly!    

1 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BBC site wins e-democracy honour
    The website has helped community campaigns since 2003 The BBC's grassroots campaign website, Action Network, has been honoured as the top politics and internet "world changer" of 2005, for the third year in a ...
    Staffordshires Gone Wild!
    bluenose pitbull

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.