Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

God's Handiwork!!!! I'm a new creation in Christ!

For if anyone be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away; all things have become new.--2 Cor. 5:17

SET FREE FROM THE ROOT OF REJECTION!

For as long as I could remember, I never felt as if I had any real worth. I was of no value to anyone. In fact, for most of my life I felt like I was invisible. In my mind, I was of such little worth, that people did not see me or remember me. I was left out of things because to most people, "I simply did not exist."But that was all a lie,-- a well thought out lie--, but a lie nevertheless!

From the beginning of time God had a plan for my life and that plan was a good plan. He always loved me. He always saw me. He was always with me. He included me. I was of so much worth to Him that He sent His only begottten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for my sin, so that I might live my life for Him and in Him.

I received Jesus into my life and I allowed Him to become my Savior and to a certain extent, He became my Lord. However, in many areas of my life, I still lived under the shadow of that lie, that the accuser of the brethren had so craftily set into my life when I was very young and still very innocent. Even though I knew God loved me and that when I died, I would go to be with Him, I still lived for the most part covered with shame and filled with anger. I could not understand why I did not deserve to receive love, when it came so easily to others.

Because of the rejection I felt inside and the anger that constantly resided in me, I pushed people away, when I was trying so hard to draw them into my life. I didn't know what was wrong with me and even if I had known, I would not have known how to make it right. But then God, in His unfathonable and mysterious ways, sent me to a new state and eventually to a new church, where I was at home. The church offered a class, "Cleansing Stream", that helped Christian people to be set free from strongholds in their lives. I attended the class and the retreat at the end.

Little did I know the blessing God had in store for me.The first thing to be dealt with at he retreat was rejection! Step by step we were led through teaching and confessions denouncing the work of Satan in our lives. With each teaching/confession time, another layer of that lifelong stronghold was peeled away. By the end of the evening, I was completely set free from that root that had been allowed to grow for decades--and God through His Son Jesus had done all of the work. All that I had to do was believe and receive the love that He had always had for me. He is worthy of all praise, because He is so good and faithful!

Have you suffered in the same way that I used to? Do you feel unloved, worthless, and rejected? God has a plan for your life too! Turn to Him. He is ready to help you. He is ready to give His love to you!Let Jesus come into your heart and begin the healing process that you so desparately need!If you would like to talk to me and let me pray for you, write me at mailto:nlrupert@sbcglobal.net. Know God wants to make you whole! God bless you! Nancy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.