Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

9-30-05 Psalm 17:15

Psalm 17:15 (KJ21)

As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.

Psalm 17:15 (NAS)

As for me, I shall behold Thy face in righteousness;
I will be satisfied with Thy likeness when I awake.

Psalm 17:15 (NIVUS)

And I— in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake,
I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

Psalm 17:15 (NRSV)

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake I shall be satisfied, beholding your likeness.

Psalm 17:15 (NLT)

But because I have done what is right, I will see you.
When I awake, I will be fully satisfied,
for I will see you face to face.

At one time even the thought of standing before God caused you
to fear and tremble; you knew that you had done many wrong things
and were far from being perfect. You knew that because of your sins,
you would stand before Him naked and without defense.
However, then God revealed His Son Jesus Christ to you. You discovered
that becauseof the shed blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, you were
cleansed and made pure and innocent once again. He made you right again,
for He satisfied what justice demanded; He became sin,
so that you could become the righteousness of God in Christ.

Now you have no fear to come into the presence of the Lord.
Although you approach with the fear of the Lord, giving Him the honor
and respect that is His due, you desire to gaze upon and behold His face.
You contemplate Him and His word with pleasure. He appears to you
as the dawning of the day with freshness and newness.

When you awake every day, you find that the manifestation of God's favor
is all that you need to satisfy you. When you are weary and tired,
the Lord fills you up with Himself. Therefore, each morning, as you arise
from your bed, seek your daily portion from Adonai, the Lord Most High.
He has plenty to give for your needs and more than enough to suffice
in every circumstance.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lower East Side Starbucks Update: A Fan
    Thursday, September 29, 2005, by Lockhart Blogger Nichelle Newsletter breaks the bloggers' code of outrage concerning the new Starbucks outpost now operating on the corner of Allen and Delancey on the Lower ...
    Hey, you have a nice blog here! Awesome job. I have
    a sexy plus size lingerie site. It pretty much
    covers sexy plus size lingerie related stuff.

    Come and check it out when you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.