Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

5-12-07 Psalms 18:6

Psalms 18:6 (NIVUS)
In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

Psalms 18:6 (NLT)
But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears.

Psalms 18:6 (NRSV)
In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.





Have you ever had a pebble in your shoe? That little thing probably caused you much discomfort. Your foot felt cramped and crowded. It was like a sharp knife cutting into your flesh. You could not wait to take your shoe off and shake out that small irritant.

Many times the attacks of the enemy are like the small pebble. He sets up opportunities for many little things that build up until you are in distress and afflicted. The Bible says it is the little foxes that destroy the vine. Your adversary sends those little foxes to push you into narrow and tight places that take away your freedom and liberty.

At the first sign of trouble, when you experience anguished feelings, you should call out to the Lord Jehovah. You have the freedom to cry aloud and shout to the Supreme God for His help. From His temple, Adonai the Almighty God will hear you. He always pays attention to your voice, for you are His well-beloved child. As a shepherd knows and understands the distinct bleats of each individual sheep, so too does the Lord recognize your voice from the midst of a multitude.

The Lord is the only one who has the power and might to come to your aid. He is able to overcome and prevail over even the smallest pebble that Satan puts in your path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.