Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, March 05, 2007

3-5-07 2 Samuel 22:36, 37

2 Samuel 22:36, 37 (BBE)
You have given me the breastplate of your salvation, and your mercy has made me great. You have made my steps wide under me, so that my feet make no slip.

2 Samuel 22:36, 37 (JPS)
Thou hast also given me Thy shield of salvation; and Thy condescension hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped.

2 Samuel 22:36, 37 (NAS)
Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation, And Thy help makes me great. Thou dost enlarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped.

2 Samuel 22:36, 37 (NIVUS)
You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.




When you are under attack, you need a shield to protect you from the enemy's weapons. That is why the Lord God has given you His shield of salvation, that surrounds you and gives you cover. By it you are rescued and delivered. It provides you safety and prosperity. When you are under His covering, you are victorious!

When Yeshua humbled Himself, giving up His heavenly realm to become a man, He gave us greatness. He weakened Himself to give us His strength. He became poor so that we could receive prosperity and abundance. He was mishandled and abused so that we could be exalted.

By His sacrifice, He has enlarged and increased us. Wherever we set our feet becomes our land, our territory. He continually brings us into a broader place. It is a place of strength, where our feet do not slip or totter. It is a place where we stand firm in Him, unshakeable and unmoveable, for we are built on the Rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.