Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2-27-07 Psalms 16:9, 10

Psalms 16:9, 10 (KJ21)
Therefore my heart is glad and my spirit rejoiceth; my flesh also shall rest in hope. For Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalms 16:9, 10 (NAS)
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely. For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to Sheol; Neither wilt Thou allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay.

Psalms 16:9, 10 (NIVUS)
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.

Psalms 16:9, 10 (NLT)
No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises! My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your godly one to rot in the grave.




Have you ever said "that does my heart good"? If you have not said it, you may have heard someone say this or something similar. You do not need to question the meaning, for you know the person is expressing joy and happiness.

There is nothing or no one who can fill your heart with more joy than Adonai the Lord God. You can rejoice and be glad as the Lord your God fills your life with abundant riches, honor, and glory. He even makes your body to settle down in rest and relaxation and that is another reason to exult. You know you are safe and secure in His love, which gives you confidence and boldness.

Since the Almighty God was faithful to His Son Yeshua, you know He will also be faithful to you. The Most High did not forsake and abandon His Son; God did not leave Him in the grave and the abode of the dead. Jesus was not allowed to see destruction nor did He stay in the pit. Hell could not hold Him, for He was holy, kind, and faithful. Reproach and shame could not keep Him bowed down. As Adonai raised Jesus from the grave, so He will raise you up. In this you can also rejoice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.