Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, February 26, 2007

2-26-07 Jeremiah 33:6, 8, 9

Jeremiah 33: 6, 8, 9 (NIVUS)
Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security...I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.

Jeremiah 33: 6, 8, 9 (NLT)
Nevertheless, the time will come when I will heal Jerusalem’s damage and give her prosperity and peace...I will cleanse away their sins against me, and I will forgive all their sins of rebellion. Then this city will bring me joy, glory, and honor before all the nations of the earth! The people of the world will see the good I do for my people and will tremble with awe!




When the Lord God visits His people, He brings blessings with Him. Health and restoration are two of the benefits that He offers those who are His. He gives soundness, which prolongs and lengthens their lives. All of His children profit from the healing cures that the Great Physician bestows He not only heals their bodies, but also their emotional and mental hurts. Where they have had distress, He restores His favor.

Then Jehovah reveals more of Himself to them. He uncovers what He had previously kept hidden. He discloses His abundance, the excess that belongs to Him. He has an abundance of peace and He freely gives that shalom to His own. He makes them complete and well, sound and safe, and tranquil and content.

He also reveals the Truth in His Word. His sons discover how reliable and faithful He is and has always been. They become stable and firm as they stand on His Word; for it always supports, nourishes, and upholds them. They put their trust in Yeshua and believe Him for everything.

Yeshua is the One who cleanses His people, making them pure, though they have been bent and twisted by sin and iniquity. He forgives and pardons them from their depravity and perverseness, taking them from the wrong way in which they were going and placing them on the path of righteousness. Guilty and rebellious, they deserved the severest punishment and yet He gave them mercy.

Now when He hears the names of His children, He rejoices. They bring Him praise through their adoration and thanksgiving. They shine with His glory and boast of His wonderful acts that He has performed for them. The beauty and splendor they display brings Him honor before all the peoples and nations of the earth. They stand in awe and tremble with fear over the abundant goodness and shalom El-shaddai extends to His people, those called by His name. And He is exalted in all the earth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.