Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, March 12, 2007

3-12-07 Isaiah 42:16

Isaiah 42:16 (KJ21)
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah 42:16(NAS)
And I will lead the blind by a way they do not know; In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone.

Isaiah 42:16 (NIVUS)
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Isaiah 42:16 (NLT)
I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will make the darkness bright before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them.


Sometimes you know that you need to make a change in your life, but the path you are supposed to take is not always clear. In fact, you may feel blind and helpless, not knowing which way to turn. Then, you should seek the Lord to guide you on your journey; He knows the course that you should take. He will lead you on a new pathway, which may be winding and crooked, but you need not fear that He will lead you astray.

You will never wander around in the dark, for Adonai transforms the darkness into the light of day. His light will always shine on your path, so that you do not lose your way. As you continue to seek God's presence, what appears as crooked or twisted will become level and straight. Nothing perverse will hinder you, but your journey will be pleasing and agreeable.

You can also know that you will never walk alone, for Jehovah the Lord God has promised to always go with you. What the Almighty has prepared for you will happen, as you work with Him. God will not abandon or forsake you. Once you start on your way, He will never desert you, but will always remain close. You can count on His help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.