Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

3-10-07 Psalms 17:4, 5

Psalms 17: 4, 5 (KJ21)
Concerning the works of men, by the word of Thy lips I have been kept from the paths of the destroyer. Uphold my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

Psalms 17: 4, 5 (NAS)
As for the deeds of men, by the word of Thy lips I have kept from the paths of the violent. My steps have held fast to Thy paths. My feet have not slipped.

Psalms 17: 4, 5 (NIVUS)
As for the deeds of men— by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the violent. My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not slipped.

Psalms 17: 4, 5 (NLT)
I have followed your commands, which have kept me from going along with cruel and evil people. My steps have stayed on your path; I have not wavered from following you.




Before Adam and Eve sinned, their lives and work in the garden was happy and enjoyable. They looked after and tended the garden in peace and they walked with the Lord in the cool of the day. Life was good and easy, but then came that fateful bite into the forbidden fruit, which brought curses not only upon their lives, but upon the ground as well.

Now they had to earn their living through the sweat of their brows. Work and not the Lord's presence became their pre-eminent occupation. Their wages and not the Lord became their reward in life. Instead of the curse driving them back to Adonai, men began to take pride in their work and what they could accomplish with their own hands, which took them further and further away from Almighty God.

You, however, have chosen a different path. Your life revolves around the word of God. Every promise and speech that the Lord utters has become your occupation. You know that as you abide by the commandments and declarations of the Most High God, you are protected and kept safe. His word is your guard and it sets boundaries around you to preserve you from harm, for it leads you away from violence. Robbers, murderers, and those who would destroy you have no power over you, for you have chosen God's word as your standard.

As you hold onto God's will for your life, you are supported and held up. Your steps remain on a straight track. Your feet will not slip or totter. You will never be moved, overthrown or dislodged from you path, for Adonai the Lord's word is the most powerful force in the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.