Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, March 09, 2007

3-9-07 Psalms 17:3

Psalms 17:3 (KJ21)
Thou hast tested mine heart; Thou hast visited me in the night; Thou hast tried me and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Psalms 17:3 (NAS)
Thou hast tried my heart; Thou hast visited me by night; Thou hast tested me and dost find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.

Psalms 17:3 (NIVUS)
Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.

Psalms 17:3 (NLT)
You have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night. You have scrutinized me and found nothing amiss, for I am determined not to sin in what I say.




Tests! Does that bring back memories of high school or college? Did you do well on tests or did you freeze up if an exam was put in front of you? Are you glad that you do not have to take tests any longer? Actually, whether you realize it or not, you are still taking tests, though they may not be with pencil and paper. You are constantly being tested on your appearance, your attitudes, and your performance.

Not only are you scrutinized by your peers, but there is an invisible Being who examines, tries, and proves your heart. He knows what is in the midst of your soul, your thoughts, and your reflections. If you are living a righteous life of faith, you should not let that make you fearful, for Adonai the Lord looks upon you with favor and acceptance.

As you lie in bed at night, the presence of the Lord will visit you. He looks after and cares for you as you sleep. He wants to make sure that you are not missing or lacking in anything. When the Almighty God watches over, He reviews your life and takes account of what you need, so that He can make deposits for you.

Although you may feel like you are in a smelting pot, the Lord is refining you, so that the precious treasure that is inside will be revealed to the world. As long as you quickly repent of anything wrong or sinful, seeking God's forgiveness, you know that God will find nothing that will condemn you. You can be secure, knowing that Adonai will not discover anything amiss.

Now you must be determined and make it your purpose not to transgress or alienate anyone with your mouth. Do not let your words break or shatter another, for like you, that person is made in the image of the Creator God. Words of praise to the Almighty, but not critical speech, should overflow your lips. As you make this determination, you will pass your tests with flying colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.