Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, August 11, 2006

8-11-06 Psalms 9:13, 14

Psalms 9:13, 14 (KJ21)
Have mercy upon me, O LORD! Consider my trouble which I suffer from them that hate me, Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death,that I may show forth all Thy praise at the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will rejoice in Thy salvation.

Psalms 9:13, 14 (NAS)
Be gracious to me, O LORD; Behold my affliction from those who hate me, Thou who dost lift me up from the gates of death; That I may tell of all Thy praises, That in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in Thy salvation.

Psalms 9:13, 14 (NIVUS)
O LORD, see how my enemies persecute me! Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death, that I may declare your praises in the gates of the Daughter of Zion and there rejoice in your salvation.

Psalms 9:13, 14 (NLT)
LORD, have mercy on me. See how I suffer at the hands of those who hate me. Snatch me back from the jaws of death. Save me, so I can praise you publicly at Jerusalem’s gates, so I can rejoice that you have rescued me.



What is the best thing that could ever happen to you? Do you think it would be winning the lottery? Or is becoming the American Idol your dream? Perhaps you would like to attract the attention of the most important and powerful in your field of work? Although all of these sound good and may benefit you, none is the best that could happen.

The best thing for you is receiving the mercy and favor of the Lord God. Jehovah has the power to grant your requests . When you beseech Him, He bestows His gracious good will on you.

Jehovah knows when you are depressed and miserable. He sees the trouble and affliction you suffer and He has pity on you., When you are browbeaten and abased by others, you can be assured that Adonai, the Most High, approves of you. He always provides for you in the sight of those who hate you. He raises you out of pestilence, ruin, and death. He splits open the very gates of hell and brings you up. Almighty God wants to lift and promote you, so He takes you out of the place that breeds worms.

Now you have an opportunity to recount and declare in public how much you adore the Lord your God. Even if you feel naked and exposed, you should express your thanksgiving and praise. As you boast and applaud Yahweh, you shine in the light of His glory. Others may think you are acting clamorously foolish, but that should not stop you from celebrating the Lord's glory, fame, and renown. Stand in the gates and the public squares as a signpost and monument of God's grace and mercy, for even in dry places, He makes you bright and preeminent. He causes you to excel and endure when everyone else is failing.

Therefore, exult and rejoice in the Lord's salvation and deliverance. You have welfare, prosperity, and victory in the name of the Lord your God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.