Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, June 12, 2006

6-12-06 Psalms 3:1-3

Psalms 3:1-3 (KJ21)
(A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.)
LORD, how they have increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me! Many there be that say of my soul, "There is no help for him in God." (Selah) But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of mine head.

Psalms 3:1-3 (NAS)
(A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.)
O LORD, how my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me. Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." (Selah.) But Thou, O LORD, art a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.

Psalms 3:1-3 (NIVUS)
(A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom
O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

Psalms 3:1-3 (NLT)
(A psalm of David, regarding the time David fled from his son Absalom)
O LORD, I have so many enemies; so many are against me! So many are saying, "God will never rescue him!" (Interlude) But you, O LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high.



You may be facing trouble in your family. Perhaps a close relative has turned into an enemy. You no longer want to see his face, but desire to flee. All that you can think is to hurry and get away. These that have come against you no longer see that you are the one that brings peace into the family. Without you, there would be no completeness, soundness, and safety.

You, therefore, turn to the Lord Jehovah, for you know He is the only One who can restore wholeness, health, and prosperity. When your enemies increase and become many, you flee to the refuge you find in the Almighty God. Even though they try to press you into narrow tight places, you are assured in the covenant that you have in the Lord God; He will keep you safe and uninjured. He gives you quiet tranquility, contentment, and friendship.

You should not fear the words of those that rise up and stand against you. Even though they say that God will not save and deliver you, you should know that is not true. These godless and unbelieving ones are only boasting and acting proudly. You know that the Most High God is your victory. He will lift you up and exalt you.

Therefore, reject and make light of their sayings. Like any other trash, you should just toss them aside. The Lord Jehovah is your shield and buckler, who defends and surrounds you. He gives you honor and dignity. Through Him, abundance and riches flow to you. He lifts up your head out of all that is rotten and wormy. In the Lord your God, you receive all that is choicest and best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.