Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

6-4-06 Psalms 2:5, 6


Psalm 2: 5, 6 (KJ21)
Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure:"Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion."

Psalm 2: 5, 6 (NAS)
Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury: "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."

Psalm 2: 5, 6 (NIVUS)
Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,"I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill."

Psalm 2: 5, 6 (NLT)
Then in anger he rebukes them, terrifying them with his fierce fury. For the LORD declares, "I have placed my chosen king on the throne in Jerusalem, my holy city."


Although Adonai, the Most High God, has the power and authority to rule, He is not a hard-fisted Master. He describes Himself as love and He leads and guides your life through love. He is patient and long-suffering, but there are things that make Him angry.

Those who set themselves up as kings and rulers over their own lives displease and disturb our benevolent Lord. However, He does not explode in threats; He first speaks warnings and promises, for He desires that these enemies have a change of heart. If they refuse, then they should fear His hot and furious wrath.

These self-made kings will not rule forever, for the Almighty has anointed, set up and installed His own King to reign and counsel. He is Holy and set apart from mere men. He is majestic and to be honored. He excels over all others. He is bright, pre-eminent, and enduring. And He shall reign forever and ever!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.