Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

4-23-06 Psalms 89:34

Psalms 89:34 (KJ21)
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the things which have gone out of My lips.

Psalms 89:34 (NAS)
My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips.

Psalms 89:34 (NIVUS)
I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered.

Psalms 89:34 (NLT)
No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a single word I said.




In today's society, keeping one's word is very rare. Therefore, attorneys are kept busy drawing up written contracts, so that there is legal recourse for failure to abide by the agreement. There is someone, however, who always keeps His word. When He pledges something to you, it is a promise that will not be broken.

The Lord your God is holy and righteous. You can find nothing profane or polluted in Him or His Kingdom. He will never dishonor you nor treat you as common. He will never violate the covenant that He has made with you. He will not injure you, so that you become weak and sick. Suffering and torture is not part of His covenant.

When Jehovah speaks something to you, He will not change nor alter it. What goes forth from His mouth will not come to you disguised. He has fashioned and formed special things that He has commanded to come to pass. You can trust His word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.