Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

4-18-06 Jeremiah 32:40

Jeremiah 32:40 (KJ21)
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from Me.

Jeremiah 32:40 (NAS)
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

Jeremiah 32:40 (NIVUS)
I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.

Jeremiah 32:40 (NLT)
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, promising not to stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me.




When Adonai, the Most High God, makes an agreement, He does not intend to ignore it. He is not looking for a way to get out of it or leave it unfulfilled. When He makes a covenant, an alliance, or a treaty, He will stand by His word, for He is eternally bound to it. He has a goal in mind. You can be confident in the fact that He will complete what He started.

You actually are getting a bargain when you enter into covenant with Jehovah the Lord. He has chosen and selected you to receive corn and wheat from His hand. He intends to always feed you, for you are in league with the Almighty. He cleanses and purifies you. He is your Creator, who supplies from His abundance. You will never lack as long as you remain in His covenant.

The Lord your God will never turn away from you. He will not retreat from the promises that He has made. He will not break His word and do evil to you. He wants to make you well and sound. His intentions are that your life be beautiful, happy, successful, and right. He is making everything better, so that you always have the best. His heart is to be good and kind to you, so that your days are sweet.

In His mercy and grace, Adonai puts fear and reverence for the Most High in your heart. You know that He has the power of life and death over you. You know that if you turn away from God, your end will be grievous. Everything you desire will be left undone. What was sweet will become sour, if you walk away from God's covenant of blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.