Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

4-20-06 Exodus 19:5

Exodus 19:5 (KJ21)
Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed and keep My covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.

Exodus 19:5 (NAS)
Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;

Exodus 19:5 (NIVUS)
Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,

Exodus 19:5 (NLT)
Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the nations of the earth; for all the earth belongs to me.



Once you become a child of God, through taking Yeshua as your Messiah and Lord, then you desire to hear His voice. To begin this process, you should pay attention to His word and obey what it says. Your obedience starts with simply consenting that what Adonai says is true. The Lord your God is constantly calling to you through proclamation and song. Diligently study and consider the word of God; listen and give your ear to what it says. Soon you will easily discern God's voice.

Even though the Lord has the major responsibility in fulfilling His covenant with you, you too should guard and protect it. You should pay special attention to your relationship with God; always try to preserve the closeness. Be circumspect in dealing with others, so that they can see the grace and mercy of God in your life. As you watch and wait for the goodness of God to manifest, you will see your salvation.

In the eyes of God, you are a special and peculiar treasure. You are His wealth that He keeps shut away from thieves and robbers. He protects and guards you like a most precious jewel. You are unlike any other person; you are rare and unique in the sight of others. They can see God's hand of blessing resting on you. He has reserved the best of the earth, all that He owns, for you, His highly favored child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.