Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, January 14, 2008

1-14-08 Psalm 119:145, 154 The Lord Your Advocate!

Psalm 119: 149, 154 (NAS)
Hear my voice according to Thy lovingkindness; Revive me, O LORD, according to Thine ordinances...Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Thy word.

Psalm 119: 149, 154 (NLT)
In your faithful love, O LORD, hear my cry; in your justice, save my life... Argue my case; take my side! Protect my life as you promised.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
At times you have plead with Adonai to hear your cry. You have wanted Him to listen with attention and interest, when you have raised your voice to Him. You want Him to grant your requests.
You do not need to be afraid that He has turned a deaf ear to you, for He listens to you in His goodness, kindness, and faithfulness. You can come before His throne without reproach or shame, for He is always willing to extend His mercy to you.

Jehovah has made you alive. He has restored you to health, bringing you back from death. He has brought you prosperity in every area of your life. He has quickened and refreshed you, for He has judged your case and decided in your favor.

Now the Lord your God contends for you. When your enemies bring a suit against you, Adonai is the One who conducts your case. He is the One who will calm the strife and settle each quarrelsome dispute. He is your kinsman-Redeemer who avenges and ransoms you.

In all of this, Jehovah continues to sustain your life through the power of His word. It is His promises and commands that revive you from all sickness, discouragement, faintness, and death. His word will preserve you alive forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.