Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

1-13-08 Psalm 119:98-100 Wisdom In God's Word

Psalm 119:98-100 (NAS)
Thy commandments make me wiser than my enemies, For they are ever mine. I have more insight than all my teachers, For Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, Because I have observed Thy precepts.

Psalm 119:98-100 (NLT)
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide. Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees. I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments. I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Because you are submitted to Adonai and give heed to His commandments and precepts, you are teachable and easily instructed in His wisdom. You know that God's word has put your life in order. Your mind, your words, and your actions all reflect the wisdom of God. The wisdom of your enemies does not come close to the wisdom that God's word has given you. They have not taken the time to put God's commandments in their hearts. You, however, have hidden and concealed them within you. They are always there as a source from which you draw.

You spend time meditating and reflecting on the laws of Jehovah. You are devoted to prayer and study. When you commune with your brothers and sisters, you speak and testify of all that the Lord is doing and has done. You even sing, giving witness to the wonderful things of God. Because of this, you have more understanding and insight than those who are teachers. You have become prudent and circumspect. Through your comprehension, you now are prospering and successful.

You pay attention to and observe Adonai's precepts. You seek the Lord's guidance and wisdom in all things. Because of your commitment to the words of God, Adonai can entrust you with the care of others. Your practice separates and distinguishes you from even those older than you. Some of those in authority do not have as much cunning, diligence, discernment, or eloquence as you, for they have not sought nor required God's word daily.

Because you have given the Lord and His Word first place in your life, God has rewarded you richly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.