Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, January 04, 2008

1-4-08 The Alpha & The Omega Revelation 21: 6, 7

Revelation 21: 6, 7 (NAS)
And He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.He who overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Revelation 21: 6, 7 (Philips)
Then he said to me, "It is done! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the thirsty water without price from the fountain of life.The victorious shall inherit these things, and I will be God to him and he will be son to me.

Revelation 21: 6, 7 (NLT)
And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give the springs of the water of life without charge! All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.






On the cross Jesus declared, "It is finished!" To the apostle John, in his revelation, the Lord declared the same thing. He completed everything that He intended when He took on human flesh. He was the beginning of Adonai's plan for salvation and He was it's ending. He was and is the Alpha and He was and is the Omega.

Now Jesus, whose thirst was not quenched on the cross, tells those who thirst to come to Him for living water. Therefore, if you sense your need and eagerly long for it to be quenched, go to the Lord who will refresh, support, and strengthen your soul. He will give you a well, a spring, or a fountain and you shall drink from the waters of life, giving you vitality and vigor. It is a gift that you do not deserve, but it is freely given.

You now are a conqueror and victor, for the Lord has won your case and maintains your cause before the throne of God. He has made you ready to receive your inheritance, to possess it and own it. Since you have broken the bread of communion with Him, the Lord has given you the right to be His son, so that you could obtain your portion and lot. As you are His son, so He has become your Father. The Almighty God has adopted you into His very own family, bestowing on you all the rights and privileges of His only begotten Child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.