Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

6-24-07 Psalms 18:20, 21

Psalms 18:20, 21 (NIVUS)
The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I have not done evil by turning from my God.

Psalms 18:20, 21 (NLT)
The LORD rewarded me for doing right; he compensated me because of my innocence. For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I have not turned from my God to follow evil.

Psalms 18:20, 21 (NRSV)
The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.

Psalms 18:20, 21 (NAS)
The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, And have not wickedly departed from my God.




When someone treats you well, your natural instinct is to reciprocate in like manner. It is always easier to bless those who bless you. It is likewise with the Lord your God. Although Jehovah's desire is to bless everyone abundantly, He does plan rewards for those who are more deserving.

You, for example, have been made righteous through the blood of the Lamb of God. You have been cleansed and purified and Jesus' blood settled once and for all time what justice demanded from you. Careful examination shows that your life has been purged of sin. Therefore, the Lord your God has selected and chosen you to be treated with bountiful benefits. Your fruit ripens and produces a great yield.

The Almighty is always building your life and He brings you continual refreshment, for you continually attend to the Lord's customs and manners. You travel a well-trodden path to the throne of God. Even you conversation reflects His will and His ways. The last thing that you want to do is to act wickedly. It would disturb you greatly to depart from the righteous path that you have chosen. You know that to do so would bring you condemnation and trouble, instead of the deliverance, salvation, and restoration that you now enjoy.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.