Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, June 15, 2007

6-15-07 Psalms 18:18, 19

Psalms 18:18, 19 (NIVUS)
They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Psalms 18:18, 19 (NLT)
They attacked me at a moment when I was weakest, but the LORD upheld me. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

Psalms 18:18, 19 (NRSV)
They confronted me in the day of my calamity; but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

Psalms 18:18, 19 (NAS)
They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me.




Do you ever think that Satan anticipates your every move and tries to thwart you before you take a step? You are not alone in this. Israel's King David many times felt that his enemies hastened to disappoint him and to prevent him from reaching his goals. Oppression, misfortune, and ruin dogged his steps. He was continually feeling the heat of calamity and destruction hot on his heels. At these times, he turned to Jehovah the Lord for help.

Like David, you should look to the Lord your God when your enemies are multiplied against you. He is your support and protection. He will sustain you in and through anything, as you lean on and rest in Him.

Jesus the Lord does not want to leave you where you are. He desires to deliver you from condemnation and failure. He wants to see you shoot forth and grow. He, therefore, sends His commandments to bring you into a broad and open space, where you will always have liberty. You will have as much room as you will ever need.

The Lord your God is well pleased with you. He takes great delight in you. He desires to favor you. When you are facing trouble, He wants to deliver you. Often, at these times, the Almighty will strengthen and equip you to fight. He arms you with His Word and His Holy Spirit, so that you are always prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.