Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

5-19-07 1 Corinthians 15:10

1 Corinthians 15:10 (BBE)
But by the grace of God, I am what I am: and his grace which was given to me has not been for nothing; for I did more work than all of them; though not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

1 Corinthians 15:10 (NAS)
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.

1 Corinthians 15:10 (Philips)
But what I am now I am by the grace of God. The grace he gave me has not proved a barren gift. I have worked harder than any of the others—and yet it was not I but this same grace of God within me.





It was by the grace of God, His good will and favor extended to you, that you were saved. And now His grace, His mercy and kindness, strengthens and keeps you, allowing your faith in Christ Jesus to grow and prosper. Daily you increase in knowledge and affection to Yeshua, your Lord. Your life is full of joy, delight, loveliness, and bounty. God's grace causes you to thrive. Your very existence depends on Him and His continual grace given to you.

It was not in vain that your Heavenly Father gave you such a precious gift. His grace has made you fruitful and not barren. Your life is full and not empty because of grace.

You are not destitute, with no purpose. You labor and toil in His Kingdom, but your labor does not make you tired or weary. Your work does not bring you sorrow or trouble. By His grace you receive exceeding abundance from your toils. God always gives you more reward than is necessary in your well doing. Your life is excellent and remarkable. He has made you pre-eminent and superior.

Those who labor by the sweat of their brows, not relying on God's grace, recognize that your life is extraordinary in comparison to theirs. They think that you have had uncommon advantages and do not understand that it is the Lord who has elevated you and blessed you.

You, however, know that without the grace of God operating in you, your life would be common, without measurable success and with a low rank. But He has exalted you in grace. Therefore, you must always be willing to extend that grace to others, so that they can give up their struggles and enter into His rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.