Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

10-18-06 Lamentations 3:60-64

Lamentations 3:60-64 (KJ21)
Thou hast seen all their vengeance and all their imaginings against me. Thou hast heard their reproach, O LORD, and all their imaginings against me, the lips of those that rose up against me, and their devices against me all the day. Behold their sitting down and their rising up; I am their music. Render unto them a recompense, O LORD, according to the work of their hands.

Lamentations 3:60-64 (NAS)
Thou hast seen all their vengeance, All their schemes against me. Thou hast heard their reproach, O LORD, All their schemes against me. The lips of my assailants and their whispering Are against me all day long. Look on their sitting and their rising; I am their mocking song. Thou wilt recompense them, O LORD, According to the work of their hands.

Lamentations 3:60-64 (NIVUS)
You have seen the depth of their vengeance, all their plots against me. O LORD, you have heard their insults, all their plots against me—what my enemies whisper and mutter against me all day long. Look at them! Sitting or standing, they mock me in their songs. Pay them back what they deserve, O LORD, for what their hands have done.

Lamentations 3:60-64 (NLT)
You have seen the plots my enemies have laid against me. LORD, you have heard the vile names they call me. You know all about the plans they have made— the plots my enemies whisper and mutter against me all day long. Look at them! In all their activities, they constantly mock me with their songs. Pay them back, LORD, for all the evil they have done.




Are there people who are holding grudges against you? Does it seem as if they vengefully attack you? With them, you have nothing but quarrels. Perhaps they imagine and invent things about you that are not true. These malicious plots and fabricators devalue you. Even though these people think they are giving you good advice, their forecasts are actually mean-spirited and divisive. Instead of encouraging you, their words come across as a rebuke. These do not esteem you, but want to reproach and shame you. Although their intentions are to strip and expose you, you should realize that Jehovah the Lord has seen their actions and has heard everything that they said.

It does not matter that your foes continue to prattle their vain speech, even though their purpose is to ruin and destroy you. They may want to see you perish and your life terminated. Although they murmur against you all day long, they are just making noise.

They have crossed a border that Adonai will defend. He watches them intently. He knows when they sit down and when they get up. He continuously beholds their actions; nothing escapes His notice. These, your enemies, may think that your life is a satire and your music is just for their amusement. However, they do not think as the Lord your God thinks.

Jehovah the Lord perceives the ill treatment that you have received and knows that you are undeserving of these attacks. He, therefore, will recompense and reward you. Your adversaries will also be recompensed for their actions. The Lord will return to them what they have done. The hand that they have dealt will be dealt back to them. Adonai will hinder your enemies and rescue and deliver you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.