Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

10-11-06 Jeremiah 31:3, 4

Jeremiah 31:3, 4 (KJ21)
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel; thou shalt again be adorned with thy timbrels, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

Jeremiah 31:3, 4 (NAS)
The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! Again you shall take up your tambourines, And go forth to the dances of the merrymakers

Jeremiah 31:3, 4 (NIVUS)
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.

Jeremiah 31:3, 4 (NLT)
Long ago the LORD said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel. You will again be happy and dance merrily with tambourines.




Jehovah the Lord has never wished to be remote or far away from His people. When the distance between you and Him was a wide space, Adonai was the One who first chose to draw near to you. Since He had regard and respect for you, He appeared so that He could provide all that you need. He loves you affectionately as a friend. You are never out of His mind and will never vanish from His sight. His love for you lasts for eternity; it advances to the furthest point of the universe. His kindness and beauty draw you and cause you to develop. The Lord's good favor and mercy make you sound.

It is the Almighty's will to build you up and to surely repair your life. Even though you were like a bride separated from her husband, now you are the Israel of God, a prince with the power and strength to prevail. The Lord God has adorned and bedecked you with the precious ornaments of His glory. In joy you can take up a tambourine and dance as you go forth. You will play and laugh with pleasure, for you escaped the enemy's hold and no longer are condemned. You will rejoice in restored hope. Your seed shall shoot forth and spring up as you wait patiently on the Lord in whom you trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.