Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

10-17-06 Lamentations 3:54-56

Lamentations 3:54-56 (KJ21)
Waters flowed over mine head; then I said, "I am cut off!" I called upon Thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: "Hide not Thine ear at my breathing, at my cry."

Lamentations 3:54-56 (NAS)
Waters flowed over my head; I said, "I am cut off!" I called on Thy name, O LORD, Out of the lowest pit. Thou hast heard my voice, "Do not hide Thine ear from my prayer for relief, From my cry for help."

Lamentations 3:54-56 (NIVUS)
The waters closed over my head, and I thought I was about to be cut off. I called on your name, O LORD, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief."

Lamentations 3:54-56 (NLT)
The water flowed above my head, and I cried out, "This is the end!" But I called on your name, LORD, from deep within the well, and you heard me! You listened to my pleading; you heard my weeping!



When Hurricane Katrina hit in New Orleans and when the Tsunami ravaged India, many people lost their lives, their homes, and their businesses due to the roaring waters. They were helpless to stop the floods and waves. If they could not outrun the flow, they were swept away and destroyed. These needed a savior who had power over the elements.

Sometimes you may compare the circumstances that come against you as flood waters. Perhaps you feel that they are overflowing you, so that even your head is covered. You believe you are going down for the last time. You are being cut off and cut down. As you see the destruction coming your way, you may begin to speak of your defeat.

However, if you want to see your salvation and victory, you cannot go with the destructive flow. Instead of rehearsing your defeat in your mind and with your words, you need to call out to Jehovah the Lord. You should recognize Adonai's authority to change what is going on in your life. Even if you are in the lowest parts of the earth and feel below everyone else, you should cry to Yahweh from the pit and the hole where you find yourself.

You can be assured that the Most High God will hear your voice. He will not hide or conceal Himself from you; He is not displeased with you. Instead the Lord Most High weighs and ponders each word that you utter in His presence. He will take you out of that small dungeon and deliver you into a large space. You will have ample room to breathe. The Lord will revive and refresh you, for your cry has brought you freedom from your troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.