Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

10-14-06 Jeremiah 31:9

Jeremiah 31:9 (KJ21)
They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them; I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble; for I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.

Jeremiah 31:9 (NAS)
With weeping they shall come, And by supplication I will lead them; I will make them walk by streams of waters, On a straight path in which they shall not stumble; For I am a father to Israel, And Ephraim is My first-born.

Jeremiah 31:9 (NIVUS)
They will come with weeping; they will pray as I bring them back. I will lead them beside streams of water on a level path where they will not stumble, because I am Israel’s father, and Ephraim is my firstborn son.

Jeremiah 31:9 (NLT)
Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care. They will walk beside quiet streams and not stumble. For I am Israel’s father, and Ephraim is my oldest child.


Sometimes there is nothing that you can do except weep and lament. Even when you come before the throne of God, your eyes may overflow with mourning. Your heart is sore. However, this is not the time to draw back. You should continue your earnest prayers and entreaties to Adonai. You need not fear to approach Him. In kindness He will bend down to you and will give you favor in your petitions. He will always be gracious and merciful to your complaints.

Jehovah the Lord will lead you into a valley and beside a stream that has been fed from the cool, crisp waters of melting winter snows. There you will find your inheritance and the possessions the Lord has bequeathed to you. Your road will be pleasant and prosperous, for the Most High God will lead you on a straight course. You will not faint or stumble. Failure and ruin are not your lot, for the Almighty is your Father. He will cause you to prevail against your enemies and you will not be overthrown. What seemed to be decaying will come back with double fruit. You will see growth and increase, for you have received Jehovah's (Jesus') birthright, the right of the first born, through God's favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.