Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, June 02, 2006

6-2-06 Psalms 2:7

Psalms 2:7 (KJ21)
I will declare the decree: The LORD hath said unto Me, ‘Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee.

Psalms 2:7 (NAS)
I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ‘Thou art My Son, Today I have begotten Thee.

Psalms 2:7 (NIVUS)
I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father.

Psalms 2:7 (NLT)
The king proclaims the LORD’s decree: "The LORD said to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father.



Most people speak of their accomplishments and exalt in the praises of others. When this happens, they feel like they have scored.

You, however, should not boast of yourself. Instead you should enumerate and recount all His decrees, for He has declared you to be His son. You are anointed with His Holy spirit and appointed to build up His name to others. He has shot you forth as an arrow to publish and report His promises. You are His fruitful child, who Adonai has made worthy to receive all the blessings of His house. The Most High labored to deliver you from the chains of sin, through the shed blood of His only Begotten Son. Now you are of the royal lineage of Jesus Christ.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.