Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, January 06, 2006

1-06-06 Psalm 119:52

Psalm 119:52(KJ21)
I remembered Thy judgments of old, O LORD, and have comforted myself.

Psalm 119:52 (NAS)
I have remembered Thine ordinances from of old, O LORD, And comfort myself.

Psalm 119:52 (NIVUS)
I remember your ancient laws, O LORD, and I find comfort in them.

Psalm 119:52 (NLT)
I meditate on your age-old laws; O LORD, they comfort me.



Sometimes you are facing decisions that are difficult to make. You begin to weigh the pros and the cons, but that does not give you the answer. The more you meditate on the problem, the more confused and worried you become. Now it is almost impossible to make the right decision.

However, if you begin to meditate and remember the word of Adonai, you will find that your mind and emotions will settle down. Almighty God is a righteous judge and knows the perfect way to decide a case. Through His word that you have hidden within your heart, you will receive wisdom and you will be able to make the right choice.

As you continue to recall how the Lord has always vindicated and brought you justice in the past, you know that He will continue to do the same for you now and into the future. Knowing this will comfort and console you. You will have no regrets if you put your faith and trust in Adonai's word and His judgments. You can be at ease, for the Lord your God will have compassion on you.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is exactly what happened to me a couple of nights ago. I had a restless night thinking about things to come. During my weary thoughts, I had to simply set them down and know that Adonai had directed the steps that led me here. Amen! the peace came and so did the sleep!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.