Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

01-05-06 Psalms 119:49, 50

Psalms 119:49, 50 (KJ21)
Remember the word unto Thy servant, upon which Thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Thy word hath quickened me.

Psalms 119:49, 50 (NAS)
Remember the word to Thy servant, in which Thou hast made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that Thy word has revived me.

Psalms 119:49, 50 (NIVUS)
Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Psalms 119:49, 50 (NLT)
Remember your promise to me, for it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.



Almighty God has formed a perfect plan for your life; from the very foundation of the world He has established it. And you have embraced His will, letting His desires become yours.

Now you are doing everything that you know to do to carry out His purposes. However, sometimes you become discouraged as time passes and you are waiting for the fulfillment of Adonai's word to you.
When these doubts come against you, call upon the Lord your God, asking Him to remember you. He will cause you to hope once more in His word, giving you the strength and patience to wait with renewed trust.

If you feel afflicted and oppressed, weakened and humiliated by the enemy's taunts, turn again to Jehovah. He will comfort you, pouring out His compassion on you. Listen again for His promises and commands; for He intends good things for you. His word will give you life, reviving and sustaining you. It will preserve you from discouragement, faintness and death. By it, your dreams will be restored and you will see new growth. Then you will breathe easier, knowing that your faith is not in vain.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, thank you for the wonderful analogy of the Captain of the ship. Much to think about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.