Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

I had the blessing and the opportunity to travel to visit my family over the Christmas holiday. Although I like the actual travel, the preparation for me seems always to be a major production. I am not a good packer. I always pack more than I need, just in case, and in the winter time, it is more difficult. I am at the stage in life when I do not know if I will be hot or cold; therefore, I have to take long sleeved tops, as well as short sleeved ones. So my winter vacations require more luggage.

Of course, since I am a single lady, getting the luggage to the car and then from the car into the airport can be a major and frustrating experience. I always feel like a Klutz trying to juggle three bags up to the ticket counter and now further to the security area. As I was thinking about this trip just completed, I realized that the Lord had provided help for me in unexpected ways. First when I got to the airport with my three bags, an airport employee saw my struggle and he helped me inside with my luggage. Then once I checked in with my bags tagged for the final destination, the man behind the counter told me to take them to the security point. I was frustrated and blurted out, "Oh I just hate to come to the airport!." Well, I guess he saw my frustration and generously offered to take them himself. So, in my first airport, the Lord provided two men to help me.

When I got to my final destination, my checked bags did not make it, due to delays in the flights. So even though that was a little inconvenient, I did not have to lug my bags from the airport to the rental car. And I did receive them the next day.

On the way back home, I decided to get my ticket and check my bags first, before returning my rental car. That worked well. I did not have to take my carry on in with me then and so only had two bags to contend with and that was easier. Then when I got home, my bags were again no shows. They arrived later that night. So I did not have the struggle then either. All in all, I believe the Lord had mercy on me and provided in unique ways.

Therefore, if you are facing frustating and seemingly inconvenient circumstances, look at them again. They may be blessings in disguise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.