Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, December 05, 2005

12-06-05 Psalms 18:39

Psalms 18:39 (KJ21)
For Thou hast girded me with strength for the battle; Thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

Psalms 18:39 (NAS)
For Thou hast girded me with strength for battle; Thou hast subdued under me those who rose up against me.

Psalms 18:39 (NIVUS)
You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.

Psalms 18:39 (NLT)
You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet.



As a belt helps to hold your trousers in place, Adonai's strength girds you up. He keeps you from appearing naked; for He clothes you with His righteousness and glory. The Lord binds you to Himself with His strong power and force.

When you engage in battle, the Lord gives you the means and resources that you need to wage effective warfare. He backs you with His army and wealth. As you draw upon His strength, you are refreshed. He trains you for battle and puts His goods, riches, and substance at your disposal. You fight valiantly and with valor as you follow God's orders.

Even though your enemies rise up against you, they will not succeed in their attacks. You will stand and endure against them. Soon they will bend their knees in submission. As you continue to be strengthened by the Lord God, your enemies will grow feeble and weak. They will begin to sink and soon lay prostrate before you; for you will smite them down and subdue them.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    POW! BAM! -- What a terrific word picture. Trousers held up to keep you from being naked!

    Slam DUNK! ALL the resources at our disposal to wage the battle. It takes resources to make war. That is one reason the spoils of battle were important, to help pay for the ongoing fight.

    This one may need to be packaged and sent out as a teaching to specific people!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.