Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

12-1-05 Psalms 3:3, 6

Psalms 3:3, 6 (KJ21)
But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of mine head...I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people that have set themselves against me round about.

Psalms 3:3, 6 (NAS)
But Thou, O LORD, art a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head...I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me round about.

Psalms 3:3, 6 (NIVUS)
But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head...I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.

Psalms 3:3, 6 (NLT)
But you, O LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high...I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side.


Jehovah is the Lord God and He has always existed. He is the Sovereign Ruler and is the Master and Owner of all that He created. Like the scaly hide of a crocodile, He is a shield and defense for you. When the enemy's darts come against you, they bounce off of your shield. The Lord hides you like a thick hedge, which is so thick that nothing can cut through it.

The Lord causes you to shine with glory and splendor. He makes you weighty and honorable in the sight of others. He gives you abundance, riches, and promotion. You are of noble birth and you prevail against your adversaries. Adonai has raised you up and you mount up with wings like an eagle. Your life does not breed worms; instead you are of high rank--a captain, a chief, and a priest among men. As you trust God, He will always bring you out on top!

Therefore, you do not need to be afraid or fear those who array themselves against you. Even though thousands of enemies have encircled you, compassing you about on every side, you do not need to dread; for you know that God is your shield and defender, the glory and the lifter of your head.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Your life does not breed worms;"

    A very interesting picture. I want to ponder on that, since I know you weren't led to include that line for filler, there is a purpose in it's meaning.

    Very thought provoking this morning!

    Blessings poured over you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.