Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

11-23-05 Psalms 142:7

Psalms 142:7 (KJ21)
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Thy name; the righteous shall compass me about, for Thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

Psalms 142:7 (NAS)
Bring my soul out of prison, So that I may give thanks to Thy name; The righteous will surround me, For Thou wilt deal bountifully with me.

Psalms 142:7 (NIVUS)
Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.

Psalms 142:7 (NLT)
Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you treat me kindly.


You know that you were condemned; for you failed to obey the commandments of Adonai, the Almighty God. However, as a vital, living, breathing human being, made in the image of God, you desired to be free. You wanted to break out of the prison and the shackles that had you bound. The enemy of your soul intended to fasten you and shut you up in his darkness. He wanted to stop you from following after the Lord, but Jehovah, your God, has brought you out of the darkness into His marvelous light. He has provided the way for your escape, so that you can grow and spread out.

Now that your hands are not held the enemy's manacles, you are free to extend them in praise and worship unto the Lord Most High. You revere and honor His name, His character, and His authority; for the Lord your God is lofty and higher than any other.

No longer are you enclosed behind prison walls, but God had surrounded you with His righteousness. He has crowned you with justice. Blessings now come at you from every direction on the compass; for the Lord treats you well and loads you with benefits. He causes your fruit to ripen and provides you with a bountiful yield. Because you serve the Lord God, He rewards you and is good to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.