Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Take Time to Enjoy Life!



Today I was running a few minutes late and was not able to clock in at my normal time. Instead of being marked tardy, I chose to take a half hour lunch, instead of the hour that I usually have. Isn't it amazing how quickly a half hour goes? So I was running late in the morning and then at lunch, I was running again, with just enough time to eat and return. The expression "eat and run" certainly applies to a half hour lunch.

This past weekend I drove to a city five hours away from where I live to attend a retreat with some other members of my church. The drive, although a little long, was a nice escape from the routine and daily monotony. The autumn leaves were beautiful and the sun shone on us going and coming. It was a mini vacation and adventure. I have discovered that these short weekend trips help my mental and emotional health. Over the past two years I have taken a dozen or so of these weekend trips to see a friend, who sings with a Southern Gospel group. Although the driving can be physically tiring, the break has been worth the physical and the financial inconveniences (we all know how high gas prices are!).

So what am I saying? If life has gotten too hurried for you and if you find yourself running to and fro, perhaps you should allow yourself time to get away for awhile. Plan a two or three day trip and allow yourself some leisure. You may be surprised at the new lease on life you will receive. Life is far too short not to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.