Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

10-27-05 Psalm 19:14

Psalm 19:14 (KJ21)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my Strength and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14 (NAS)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14 (NIVUS)
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14 (NLT)
May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Words are containers of power. Adonai created the universe through the words that He spoke. Since you were created in the image of God, your words also are powerful. Through your words, you can cause terrible harm or you can create a peaceful and life-affirming atmosphere. You can use your mouth to just puff and blow, exalting yourself over others. What you say can blast holes into another's self image. Heated, angry words cause those around you to scatter. Your speech can be challenging and demanding or considerate and full of promise. God's word is symbolized as a two-edged sword and when you utter what He has said, you are using sound speech.

Your words usually are formed from the thoughts on which you have been pondering and meditating. When you are murmuring and complaining in the center of your being, then your speech will be full of murmuring and complaining. However, if your heart is full of joy and praise to God, then those joyful praises will find their way out of your mouth. It is important that you muse on those things that are acceptable and favorable to the Lord Jehovah. His countenance will show His delight in your, when you concentrate on the things that the Lord desires. When you enter into God's presence, you will sense His pleasure as you keep your heart and words in line with His Word.

Jehovah, the Lord your God, is a rock and a refuge for you. To your enemies, He is a precipitous cliff, with a sharp edge and when they come against you, they shall fall over that edge and be broken on the Rock. The Lord God Almighty is your strength and fortress.

Jehovah is also your next of kin and He has redeemed you. He bought back all of the property that you have lost and He has married you to Himself. He is your Avenger and Deliver; with His very own blood He ransomed you.

Therefore, you should honor Him with the words of your mouth and the meditations of your heart. For this is well-pleasing to Adonai, the Most High God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.