Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

10-23-05 Jeremiah 24:7

Jeremiah 24:7 (KJ21)
And I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God; for they shall return unto Me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 24:7 (NAS)
And I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am the LORD; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 24:7 (NIVUS)
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.



Without the Lord's help, you would remain far away from Him, lost in sin and darkness. However, in His love and mercy, Adonai decided to seek you out. He committed Himself to change your heart, giving you understanding and perception about Himself. He has provided all that you need to know Him.

If He did not reveal Himself to you, you would not be able to recognize and acknowledge that He is God. Once He permits you to see Him, you can easily confess Him as the Lord of your life; for you begin perceive Him for whom He really is--the One True God. Through the instruction of His Word and the power of His Holy Spirit, your experience and relationship grows daily more intimate.

Now you belong to the Lord Jehovah. You are one of His chosen people; you are of His nation and His near kinsman. Almighty God has restored you, bringing you out of exile. He has rebuilt your life and has established you as His child. You have become a permanent member of the Lord's family.

Although originally it was the Lord who changed your heart, you now desire Him. You return to Him again and again to receive refreshment and restoration, for as you travel through this world, you can be hurt and bruised. When you feel defeated and rejected, turn to the Lord your God and He will repair your heart once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.