Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

7-17-07 Revelation 21:6

Revelation 21:6 (NAS)
And He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

Revelation 21:6 (NIVUS)
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 21:6 (NRSV)
Then he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 21:6 (Philips)
Then he said to me, "It is done! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the thirsty water without price from the fountain of life.





Adonai, the Lord God, has always existed; in fact, He refers to Himself as "I Am"; He could have simply said "I exist". Yeshua, His Son, Who eternally existed as the Word, became flesh. He became Emmanuel or "God with Us". Through Him, you were introduced to the manifest presence of God.

After He completed His work on earth, He revealed another name to the Apostle John. The Lord said He is the Alpha or the Beginning. Nothing could start without His intervention. The world would not exist if He had not originated it. Everything began with His word, including your life.

He also said He is the Omega or the end. Everything that Jehovah starts, He finishes. He does not quit in the middle, declaring it to be just too hard. What He has begun in your life, He will bring to completion. He fulfills each and every purpose that He has for you.

Not only will He complete your life, but on the way to the end, He will also provide all that you need. He promises to quench your thirst. He knows that your soul wants and eagerly longs to be refreshed, supported, and strengthened. And instead of just one drink, He will supply a fountain of water or a well that is fed by a spring. In Him you have a constant supply. This water has the very vitality of God in it and will continually refresh and strengthen your soul.

Therefore, keep your trust in the Alpha and Omega. He will finish the good work He has started in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.