Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Psalms 13:5, 6

Psalms 13: 5, 6 (KJ21)
But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.

Psalms 13: 5, 6 (NAS)
But I have trusted in Thy lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation. I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Psalms 13: 5, 6 (NIVUS)
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.

Psalms 13: 5, 6 (NLT)
But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because he has been so good to me.



Sometimes it is difficult to know who to trust. Some people try to protect themselves by withholding their trust. However, that kind of attitude only produces isolation and more distrust.

You, however, have learned and have decided that you can put your trust in Adonai, Almighty God. When you do this, the Lord gives you confidence, boldness, and security. You can feel so safe in His hands, that you have no care. He has shown you only His goodness, kindness, and faithfulness. You can approach Him with no shame, for mercy flows from His throne of grace to cover you. Now your heart and soul are able to rejoice and be glad, for you have seen the salvation and deliverance of Jehovah the Lord. Your life has become one of welfare, prosperity, and victory. You have been liberated from trouble.

Therefore, you should sing unto Jehovah (Jesus Christ), as you travel along. He is the One True God and is worthy to receive your praises and your songs. The Lord your God has dealt you a full hand and has recompensed and repaid your past. He has given you bountiful blessings. And your fruit always ripens on the vine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.